WAR of 1812 Wargaming

Developing new rules for the War of 1812

Napoleonic Wars
Ring Owner: John Schneider Site: Napoleonic Literature
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Get Your Free Web Ring
by Bravenet.com

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Plate One British & Canadian Line








Two basic plates. They are in jpg format, so they may not print the very best possible, but I have pdf files of each plate, and once I find a way to link them, they might be better to print out.

The first baseing plate was done to size, so with a colour photocopier and a pair of scissors (maybe some glue and foam-core board) you can try the units (and rules), as they get plopped out in dribs and drabs.

It is impossible not to be greatly influenced by JC's The Waterloo Campaign in Miniature.

After all, it's a visual hobby in great part.

3 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger Canuck Bud said...

Greetings,
My group of friends wargamed Lundy's Lane in 15mm using a modified version of Johnny Reb II. The scale we used was 1 figure = 10 men. We mounted our figures on magnetic squares so when casualties occurred we just removed the figure from the stand. The game worked fine but I find the JR rules have way too many moral checks. It really slowed the game down.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger JC - Painter of Miniatures said...

Hi Geoff,

I've just noticed the link from your page and am extremely pleased that you've taken up my mantra - so to speak. May I wish you all the best in your efforts and trust you reap the rewards of your efforts. If you need any advice or want to ask me any questions, then I'm only an email away.

JC
The Waterloo Campaign in Miniature
j.cutting1@btinternet.com

PS. For reference, all my plates have been designed using Powerpoint.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Dan Wilkens said...

It's been a while since this was posted, but I was curious as to why only the flank co's have skirmish order bases. Does your system preclude light infantry tactics from non-elite units?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home